“So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.”
Attachments, Rainbow Rowell
I often stumble upon really great Tumblr post that speak to me . And this is a quote that I found on Tumblr.
We often get to a point and age that we think we HAVE to figure it all out … Every damn clock around us is ticking and we haven’t got “there ” yet . So what do we do? We stress ourselves trying to solve our whole life …. Instead of looking at our progress and how far we’ve grown .
I like the idea of adding additional good things to the list of good things that have already happened in your life . So pick a monthly goal or a big goal for the year that will bring you closer to the life you want and celebrate when you accomplish that goal . Baby steps … But steps nonetheless.
Yes , once again I bring you something I found on Tumblr . No I don’t know who wrote it , because by the time it hit my dashboard a million people had added their own to it and reblogged it .
However, I wanted to share this …. Especially to my twenty-something year olds who are going through that mid twenties crisis or late twenties crisis ….
Ok so here , read it … Read it one more time …. Print it out ….hang it on your mirror n shit .
1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
I Told you that I find all the good stuff via tumblr …. Well Frank Ocean just gave us a beautiful tribute to Aaliyah .
Which only leaves me itching for his new album even more . Ughhhh
Ok so I was strolling on Tumblr , because that’s usually where you find the cool shit, and I came across this dynamic duo !!!
CHARGAUX is the bomb.com !!!!!
Charly and Margaux make up the violin playing duo called Chargaux, and they are literally EVERYTHING!
I have to admit the violin was never my favorite instrument but they just made me want to learn to play …. My GAWD !
The way they go in and let have on this Sam Smith song I have posted below will have you totally in awe !!!
I can’t wait to see what song they tackle next !!!!
Get into them ! Yasssss
Taylor Swift -Shake it off :
To Love – Habits ( Stay High)
Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One
We have been hoping , wishing & praying for something new from Frank Ocean and BAM he grants our wishes .
And in normal Frank fashion he drops it via tumblr for all the cool kids .
Will he actually record these lyrics ? I’m not sure . But um it seems that he still upset with Breezy . Shots fired !!!